Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm A New Member




So many nice responses. Thanks to all of you for your patience and kind remarks. I am so raw at this, please bear with me.
 
Tonight is get-together number three for my assigned group of new members at the Shul, (VBS) Valley Beth Sholom. VBS is running a program for new members called, "Our Jewish Home" which has won awards. The first invitation I received invited "couples like you" to attend the first meeting. I sent an email to the two top rabbis who signed the invitation (they know me) asking where I could buy a blow-up doll like Larry David had in a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" episode. This is an industry town. They would be familiar with my (attempted) humorous reference. Needless to say, I was sent the wrong letter. I received the proper invitation and the rest of the story is all pleasant. Nice people, nice fit, good dynamics. Very intelligent conversation all evening.
.
This is the VBS website.
.
Thanks dept ... to my blog mentor, "One Heck of a Guy" http://1heckofaguy.com/ for teaching me how to retrieve pictures for uploading. Now I have to figure out how to place them in the right spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment